Take your comedy writing to the next level with PIC Video Coaching & Written Feedback services, including in-depth notes and advice (see Writer Testimonials below). From a first draft to final copy, we offer guidance for writing at any stage.
Punch up your writing and technique with us through:
In-Depth Written Feedback – $29
- Get detailed insight and feedback on one article: how it’s working, where it could use improvement, and what's falling flat—plus tried and true comedy strategies for your work.
- Strengthen both your article and your humor writing process in general.
- Get feedback and tips delivered by email.
One-on-One Video Coaching – $49
- Spend a full hour via video chat working on your comedy.
- Use this time to workshop articles, get feedback on ideas and premises, explore alternate directions or formats, expand your premises and angles, hone your comedic voice and toolkit, and more.
- Schedule a time that works for you.
These services are currently offered by our managing editor, James Folta, who also:
- Teaches comedy classes on parody and humor writing for NYC's Magnet Theater and elsewhere
- Works one-on-one with writers in NYC
- Co-created and co-edited The Neu Jorker, a New Yorker parody, and Paul Ryan magazine, a political satire project
- Co-created The Satire and Humor Festival and hosts the monthly live reading series “An Evening of Humorous Readings”
- Is regularly published by The New Yorker, McSweeney’s, and more.
James is excited to work with you!
Wondering what goes into PIC Coaching & Feedback, and how it's helped? Here's what both established and new writers have to say.