We're looking for both seasoned comedy writers and fresh voices to contribute to PIC!
- Submit via Submittable (no fee)
- Decision within 14 days
- $35 payment for accepted articles
- Publication up to 500k monthly readers
- An Interview with Points in Case
- Literary Spotlight: Points in Case
- 22nd Annual 101 Best Websites for Writers
- 7 Humor Websites You Should Be Reading
- Best Apps to Read Whenever You Need a Laugh
We don't follow a viral or utilitarian formula when it comes to selecting both evergreen and timely comedy articles and lists—if it's funny it's funny, and we'll do our best to make it work. We're very open to creative writing, atypical formats, mainstream topics with an original approach, mundane topics made interesting, edgy material, satire and parodies, and other offbeat ideas. We're looking for smart, irreverent, and eloquent comedy writing with personality or pizzazz, and a clear throughline. But the main goal is to arouse laughter, whatever your method.
What We're Looking For
- Creative, thematic, and entertaining literary humor
- Punchy, elevated concept writing
- Previously unpublished work
- Comedy under 1,000 words
Funny stories, observational humor, essays, current events, and other topical articles are great too, as long as they're comedic. The only style we don't publish is satire news, because you already know where to get that.
Increase the Chances of Having Your Humor Writing Published
- Original topic or premise
- A refreshing spin or angle
- Strong, compelling opening
- Proofread and polished content
- Heightening, callbacks, or runners
- Descriptive, catchy title
- Emerging from a cloud of fog under a strobe light
If we publish your article, your name, photo, and bio will appear alongside it, and your author page will serve as a portfolio cataloging all of your published comedy. You can update all info on your author page—including your photo, bio, personal website and social media links—on your own at any time by logging in to your PIC account.
More Submission Specifics
- Tips for Submitting Short Humor to Points in Case
—Points in Case
- Editor Interview: Points in Case
- Comedy Articles – Satire and parodies, observational humor, funny stories, listicles, humorous guides or essays, and open letters, including evergreen topics with an original approach, timely and topical humor, and offbeat ideas. We pay $35 per article.
- Funny Lists – Shorter, punchier comedy formats encompassing lists, quizzes, reviews, and other non-paragraph style formats typically involving a series of items. We pay $10 per list.
- Jokes – One-liners, observations, deep thoughts, tinylists, and anecdotes.
We look forward to reviewing your work!